Besides our ongoing work with GFM, Nathan is currently working on several other kingdom ventures. Here's a little update on some of them:
- Nathan is a part of a local team who have been given a grant through Calvin Institute of Christian Worship. This will be a year-long venture. Nathan's primary role will be to connect our team with local refugee pastors and Christian leaders. You can read more about that here.
- Nathan's dad, Bert, is co-host of a daily radio program ... Exploring the Word. Soon, Bert will be hosting a new weekly program called Exploring Missions. The program seeks to mobilize the listening audience to be active participants in God's mission in the world by connecting them with mission principles from God's Word and mission practices and practitioners who are making a difference in the world. Nathan has been helping his dad with this program and will be co-hosting from time to time. The first episode airs Sunday, July 20, at 1:00 pm Central on American Family Radio.
- Another ongoing work that Nathan is involved in is with PeopleGroups.Info. This is a demographic/mapping project from the IMB and NAMB. Think of it as Joshua Project for North America. Nathan will be working with others in trying to identify which people groups live in the Atlanta metro area. Unfortunately, although we know a lot of information about people groups living on the other side of the world, we know very little about those in our own neighborhoods. This venture is an attempt to change that for God's glory among the nations living among us!
- In a couple of weeks Nathan and Grant (GFM's founder/director) will be flying to Phoenix for the Refugee Highway Partnership - North America Round Table. While there, training and networking, Nathan will also be presenting a couple of workshops: "Turning Obstacles into Opportunities for Fruitful Cross-Cultural Ministry" and "Teenagers as People of Peace in Refugee Communities". Please pray for Nathan as he travels and shares - that God's people would be better equipped to serve as effective gospel workers.
- Nathan has just begun working with a new homestay company. In fact, he's the new Atlanta homestay director. He'll be working with international students on 5 college campuses around the Atlanta metro. Pray for this venture as there promises to be lots of opportunities to make a global impact and see God's kingdom advance!
As you can see, we are very busy. We haven't yet mentioned about Rachel's administrative work with RTN-Atlanta, as well as her ESL class ... PLUS the new baby! Andrew is 3 months old and growing. We really appreciate your prayers.
|Baby Andrew - 7lbs, 10oz at birth;|
Now - 15lbs and growing!
Also, we invite you to consider supporting us financially - would you be willing to give $30, $60, $100 or any amount a month?
If interested in other ways of partnering with us in this gospel work, CLICK HERE.
Or HERE if you'd like to donate now. Be sure to type "HARPER" in the comment box. Thanks!