The Gospel and ...
- 9/11 A Terrorist Encounters Jesus Thirteen years ago the horrific tragedy of 9/11 left its mark in history and has effectively generated a roller-coaster ride of fear with ups and downs and twists ever since. Now with the atrocities going on in the middle east, Americans reportedly feel less safe than any time since 9/11. Terrorism has become part of the nightly news. As followers of Jesus how are we supposed to respond? READ MORE
- The Ice Bucket Challenge Jesus & an Ice Bucket The ALS Icebucket challenge. Whether or not you love it, this challenge has brought in over $88.5 million dollars to the ALS Association. Why has this Ice Bucket challenge so successful? Similarly, why was the Kony 2012 video the most viral YouTube video in history? What could Christians possibly learn about expanding the Kingdom of God from these phenomena? READ MORE
Both of the above articles are from a couple of my GFM teammates here in Atlanta. The one below is a series of 5 posts I wrote earlier this year:
Mapping the Diaspora
- PeopleGroups.Info Make sure you check out the maps! Find where you live ... who are the nations living among you?
- Mapping Migration From the New York Times
- International College Students From the Brookings Institute
Dallas Willard's "The Divine Conspiracy Continued"
- Part One Scot McKnight reviews Willard's recently published book. In this article he looks back at Dallas Willard's life and previous work, as well as looking ahead to his series of articles about "The Divine Conspiracy Continued".
- Part Two Scot McKnight continues his review. Here, he discusses the similarities of Willard's worldview to that of Abraham Kuyper.
- Part Three The review continues with a look at character and leadership and Bill Clinton.
Be sure to stay posted to Scot McKnight's Jesus Creed website for more on Dallas Willard and "The Divine Conspiracy Continued".
Honor and Shame for Missiology
- HonorShame.Com My friend, Jayson Georges' website. Be sure to check out the video, "Back to God's Village," for an example of a Gospel message with an Honor/Shame worldview. Also, download the 3-D Theology guide.
- Jackson Wu Wonderful articles and resources from a seminary professor in East Asia. You may also want to read Jackson Wu's book, "Saving God's Face."
- Werner Mishke A great brother whose passion for God's Word and the world are contagious. Be sure to check out all the videos, slideshows, downloads and links. I recommend The Father's Love gospel booklet and his introductory video to Honor and Shame in the Bible.
If you are new to the ideas of honor and shame, which most of us in the West are, then I suggest you begin with Werner Mishke. Once you get the basics from him, then move on to honorshame.com, where you'll find some expanded thinking on this all-important theme. One thing to note is that honorshame.com and Jayson tend to focus more on Muslim culture. Jackson Wu, on the other hand, is focused more on East Asian, and specifically Chinese culture. Jackson Wu's work can be more academic and technical. If you really want to dive into honor and shame and how they relate to biblical interpretation, missiology, contextualization and theology, then you'll want to check out Jayson's and Jackson's works on Romans.